Monday, August 8, 2011

Sunday, July 9th--- Day of Rest

This Sunday, I decided to sleep in, catch up on work, learn some Serbian phrases, and relax. Belgrade is very quiet on Sundays, most shops are closed and if not they close early. The more rested I am the more I can appreciate being here, and the more I can learn. I’ve realized this past week, my health and well-being is a sensitive balance of water, sleep, and diet. Bread and meat dominate the menus here, so I’ve begun shopping for fruits and veggies at the market. With every passing day I drink more water as well, and same with rest. I’m starting to pick and choose what I do during the days and nights here instead of trying to experience it all so not exhaust myself, crash, or worse… get cranky. I’ve been spending more time on my computer due to assignments and keeping in touch with family/friends. I hope that doesn’t increase or become normative. I also hope it cools down just a little bit... walking outside in this heat is almost scary. My skin is in bad shape due to sunburn and dehydration. It’s getting slightly better and I’ll be buying aloe in the near future. We also got hilariously tawdry fans for our room…but ours doesn’t work. Womp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment