Monday, August 8, 2011

July 17



Today I went back to Lake Ada. On the way there my friend Megan and I found really good palacinka and pizza. It was just a little booth in the wall near the bus station, but it was incredible! I usually don’t like EuroKrem especially compared to Nutella, but Meg’s palacinka (which is just like a crepe) was so warm, fresh, and delicious I was completely won over. At the lake, some of my friends went bungee jumping. I watched form across the lake and they seemed really happy afterwards, which made me happy.
 
That night we ate and strolled around the Bohemian district. The Bohemnian district is an older part of town that has recently been known for its artistic and youthful culture. Imagine a Serbian Greenwich Village--- slightly more medieval with a European edge. At dinner, I got a strange cheese platter; that was really just one type of cheese and a lot of it. It was underwhelming but whatever. The best part of the night was the flea market. The entire street was lined with people selling things, and not just anything, but really gorgeous old jewelry, silverware, medals, knives, and a bunch of other vintage treasures. Unfortunately, on my budget nothing came home with me. I’ll go back one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment