Monday, August 8, 2011

August 2

So far, today has been a favorite day of mine. Our group left the hotel early for a hiking trip through the Plitvice Lakes. These lakes are part of a Croatian National Park. Neeeeeedless to say, they are gorgeous. It was kind of strange too though. Throughout the day, it wasn't always hiking, but following a huge group of tourists on a tiny river plank or bridge to the next big scenery. Luckily, we started filing and finding our way past the big groups to the more isolated parts of the park. We went through the entire park and saw small and big waterfalls, lakes, forests, creeks, and mountains. On our way to the BIG waterfall is where I got separated. It was such a huge place, you had to take trains and ferries to different parts of the park and I got a little nervous when I lost my friends. I also took it as time to self-reflect and meditate while hiking. I found my way back to the bus... slightly late... but in one piece. It was a really divine day. 

1 comment:

  1. so beautiful! your blog came out marvelously, of course. it's been a real treat.

    ReplyDelete