Monday, August 8, 2011

July 29


Today was my Dad’s birthday. I miss him and my family a lot. I haven't mentioned how homesick I am until now because it's not something you really want ot focus on while you're having an awesome adventure filled with learning and excitement...but on a day like today, yeah, I miss my Dad, and my Mom, and my sisters, and friends, and boyfriend, and people who just love me unconditionally. Today we are traveling to Dubrovnik, and on the way we visited the holy site Medugorje. It was beautiful, but what I remember was the rain... and the ultimate salvation: the Italian influence. The food was so good. The espresso and hot chocolate was even better. How can I possibly know? Because I had all of it. Then we arrived in Dubrovnik,  and there was no rain, only sunshine. Here's a view from my hotel room! 


Tonight we went out for Liz’s birthday. I had risotto and a crepe. It was really good, and Sam and I danced to some live music. I didn't have the energy to stay out, so back at the hotel room my roommates and I found out that this hotel had the best TV ever. We stayed up all night watching Friends, Gilmore Girls, and some random cop shows. Cop shows are huge here. I know that's not what you're supposed to do when you go abroad... but sometimes those homesick blues can only be cured by stupid, mindless, all-American TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment